Oil & Gas
Competitive + Benefits
Our Client is a Major European EPC contractor. They are currently seeking an experienced Training Specialist who specializes within Delayed Coker Units. Our client is currently working on a strategic project to better improve efficiencies within their current existing complex. The successful candidate will have the ability to train staff accordingly to operate the plant in a safe and optimal manner.
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years relevant working experience.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar role within the Refinery units.
- Experience with various training methods, including on-the-job coaching, mentor-ship programs.
- Good people management, outstanding communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English skills (Verbal and Writing).
Who we are looking for:
- Extensive knowledge of Refinery Operations procedures.
- Progressively worked across all areas for the refinery unit i.e. Field, Console, Supervisor.
- Extensive experience in training and mentoring staff.
- Strong technical knowledge with the ability to communicate it effectively.
- Knowledge of different Refinery unit/process technologies.
- Previous pre-commission, commission, startup experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess training needs for new and existing employees.
- Contribute to the development of a training program as per the following steps
- Familiarization training (classroom)
- Unit specific training (classroom)
- OJT & OTS Training
- Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps.
- Liaise with subject matter experts regarding instructional design.
- Map out training plans for individual employees.
- Present training programs using recognized training techniques and tools.
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, virtual training, on-the-job coaching.
- Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness
- Track and report on training outcomes.
- Provide feedback to program participants and management.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on training material and methodology
- Maintain employee training records.