Petrochemicals & Process
Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Our Client who is one of the largest integrated refining and petrochemical complex in the world, they are based on the west coast of Saudi Arabia and are currently seeking an experienced Cumene/Phenol Shift Supervisor for the Manufacturing/Production area of the business. The successful candidate will lead a team of shift operators to achieve safe, stable and efficient operations of a section during a shift with the view of meeting production targets during shift operations.
- High School or Diploma in relevant field
- 15+years’ worth of experience where 10 - 11 years within a plant / console operator role in the refinery or petrochemical field and more than 4 years as Shift Supervisor
- Teambuilding and supervisory skills
- Ability to handle process plant safety and related safety management
- Strong Coordination skills
Who we're looking for
- Cumene/Phenol Plant (Shift, Console and Field) experience is required
- To lead a team of shift operators to achieve safe, stable and efficient operations of a section during a shift with the view of meeting production targets during shift operations
- Thorough knowledge of plant equipment unit operation, including start/stop and emergency shutdown
- Thorough knowledge of plant layout and operating process
- Good command of the English language (Verbal and Written)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieve safe and stable operations in the shift by supervising and coordinating plant personnel in startup or shutdown and other major operational changes, ensuring that operators follow all standard operation procedures in the execution of scheduled tasks during shift operation and coordinating plant operations with other connected plant.
- Coordinate with Maintenance personnel to ensure maintenance activities are conducted with the least disruption to production.
- Enhance shift operators operational skills and knowledge by regular coaching to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure minimum disruption to stable operation by detecting plant and equipment problems and implementing counter measures after trouble shooting.
- Ensure shift operation tasks meet safety and environmental requirements and report any environmental concerns to Section Manager, Deputy Section Manager or Day Supervisory staff.
- Verify operating logs to ensure records are accurate.