Petrochemicals & Process
Very Competitive + Benefits
Western Province - KSA
Our Client is a Major European EPC Contractor. They are currently seeking a Senior Process Manager to assist them on a project they are currently working on at Major Petrochemical facility on the West Coast of Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will be part of the Facilities Planning Section, which is a component of CPD. You will conduct feasibility studies, conceptual studies, and pre-FEED work on the refinery and petrochemical facilities and develop long-term business strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Degree in Economics or Equivalent work experience.
- 10-15 years of experience as Refinery/Petrochemical Process Engineer
- Feasibility study work on major investment project
- Techno/economic assessments
- Good understanding of refinery economics
- Master Planning work future configuration analysis
- Ideally already worked on investment analysis.
- Good understanding of the future of Oil Refining.
- Good grasp of the challenges faced by fuel manufacturers.
- Interested in the development of chemicals, plastics and polymers.
- Good understanding of the link between oil, chemicals & society.
- Active membership of a Professional Engineer Association.
- Advanced PC skills, including process simulations, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
Who we are looking for:
- As a successful candidate, you will have bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, ideally with an advanced degree or experience to Economics or Business Analysis.
- You should have minimum ten years' experience in the following refining technologies (as examples: Crude Distillation (CDU), Vacuum Distillation (VDU), C4 Alkylation, Catalytic Reforming, Aromatics (BZ/PX), C4/C5/C6 and Xylene Isomerization, Various Hydro processing (NHT/DHTNGOHT/MHC), High olefin Fluid Catalytic Cracking, Steam Cracking (Ethane Cracking), Sulphur and Amine, Steam Reforming, Hydrogen manufacturing, Metathesis and Petrochemicals such as LLDPE, HDPE, PP, LDPE/EVA, EPR, TPO, MTBE, MEG, pox, Cumene and Phenol)
- You should have membership of a Professional Engineer Association.
- You should have minimum five years' experience in applying and analyzing process simulation and economics of refinery and petrochemical operations.
- You should have minimum five years' experience in performing economic evaluations and feasibility studies and preparing requests for budgetary approvals.
- You will have experience with professional consultant in planning and executing engineering studies.
- Excellent written and oral technical presentation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct feasibility studies, conceptual studies, and pre-FEED work on our refinery and petrochemical facilities and develop long-term business strategies.
- Lead integrated project teams to prepare design basis scoping papers to define capital projects involving refineries and petrochemical investments.
- Prepare expenditure request documentation.
- Interface with related stakeholders, Operations, Engineering, Production Planning (PPD), Process Engineering (PED), New Business Development, Engineering (PMD), Project Management (BOTB), and Corporate Management.
- Perform process economic evaluations of existing and potential new refining and petrochemical facilities.
- Direct evaluations of major refining and petrochemical facilities.
- Prepare and make presentations to Corporate Management on refining petrochemical investment opportunities.
- Provide full-time consultation to company management and other organizations.
- Mentor the training of future Facilities Planning Specialists.