Petrochemicals & Process
Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Our Client is currently seeking a Senior Process Engineer, who will provide process engineering services (pre-FEED, FEED, Detailed Engineering) on very large scale projects of Downstream Facility Designs including, but not limited to Refinery (- CDU, DHT, NHT, VGO HDT, ARU, SRU), Reformer, Delayed Coker, HSFCC, Ebullated Bed Hydro-Cracking, Slurry Bed Hydro-Cracking, Chemicals, Fertilizer, and Petro-Chemicals. Also, it includes technical support and supervision within the Facility Planning Department team.
- A B.Eng./ B.Sc./B. Tech. in Chemical Engineering degree.
- Minimum 10yrs. of Downstream Process & Design experience of Medium/Large Scale Projects.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
- Must have experience in the Downstream Facility Designs and Plant operations including, but not limited to Refinery (- CDU, VDU, VGO, DHT, NHT, ARU, SRU), Reformer, Delayed Coker, HSFCC, Ebullated Bed Hydro-Cracking, Slurry Bed Hydro-Cracking, Chemicals, Fertilizer, & Petro-Chemicals.
- Experience as a Lead Engineer, overseeing other Process Engineers (Senior/Inter./Junior).
- Experience in flow assurance and checking PSVs – 2 phase flow analysis.
- Motivational and interpersonal skills for lead work.
- The position requires a Professional Engineering License (P.Eng./ P.E/ C. Eng.) having a Professional registration with Professional Engineers Organizations of Canada, USA, & UK.
- Not only, looking for a total experience of 10years (Min.), but also, it should be a perfect blend of both operating and hard core design experience.
- An EPC experience of 5 years (Minimum) is a must.
- Experience with ARAMCO projects is preferred.
Who are we looking for:
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the Company.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the Process Engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications,
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and process engineering specific software – HYSYS/PRO-II, Koch Glitch/Sulzer, HTRI, Flarenet, ProMax, TSWEET, etc.
- Must be acquainted with Hydraulic Calculations of simple and complex process systems and evaluation of Control Valves.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in process engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Instrumentation and controls process design.
- Potential hazardous locations and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage process engineering services that meet Saudi Aramco Standards and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Completing conceptual and detailed process engineering design of Green Field and Brown Field Projects - Revamp/Modification/Upgradation/Additions to the existing facilities.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in Facility Planning Team. · Communicate effectively with the Process Engineering Team, Facility Planning Team, Operations, Project Stakeholders, Process Engineering Consultants, Process Technology Suppliers/Consultants, Vendors, Suppliers, etc.
- Manage Scoping Studies/Feasibility Studies/Conceptual Studies, pertaining to Downstream facilities.
- Expert level position responsible for performing complex and varied work assignments that are highly specialized, requiring a deep understanding of their specific area of expertise. Typically, will support senior management or executives, with work involving frequent visibility to high level internal and external customers. May coordinate Technical meetings, as needed. May have specific process coordination responsibilities assigned as part of the regular work routine.
- Manage process engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the Process Engineering Lead on specific projects.
- Senior level experience with medium to large projects. Must have experience to successfully prioritize and assign work per schedule needs and be able to communicate and report to the management.
- Must have experience in verifying completeness and quality of work performed.
- Must have strong vendor package review and integration experience.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Company’s requirements.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Strong Familiarity with Engineering Hand Calculations, Designs, Cost Estimates, Heat and Material Balances (H&MB), and Process Simulations.
- Familiarity with API, ANSI/ASME Standard B31.3, ISO, DIN, IEC 61511/61508 & Environment norms. · Creating, reviewing & revising PFDs, P&IDs, Layout & Line Lists, Complete & Review Data Sheets.
- Developing the Design Basis and Technical Report writing such as Equipment(s) surveys, Cost Estimates, and Process Studies.
- Providing technical support to other Process Engineers, and also assist and support junior personnel within the Facility Planning Department team, if needed.
- Reviewing and signing off on Engineering Calculations completed by others.
- Finding and applying relevant standards, regulations, codes and guidelines applicable for task, identify areas of deviation or concern.
- Ensuring and maintaining the quality of process engineering work within the project.