Oil & Gas
Competitive + Benefits
Our Client is Major European EPC contractor. They are currently seeking experienced Senior Commissioning Specialist who specializes in Sulphur Recovery within the refinery. Our client is currently working on a strategic project to better improve efficiencies within their current existing complex. The successful candidate will have the ability to be the superintendent of the pre-commissioning / commissioning activities according to detailed procedures.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Seeking a seasoned professional with proven working experience within Sulphur Recovery Unit.
- Extensive experience in PMC / EPC organization in the field of Refinery / Petrochemicals or in an industrial environment.
- Specific Utilities experience relevant to the project (i.e. Fire Water, Water Treatment, Nitrogen, Air Separation, Instrument Air, Plant Air, Sewage Treatment, Sub-Station, BOILERS, SRU, Commissioning /Operations Supervisor, Start Up, Planning, Hand Over, Commissioning Coordination, Pre-Commissioning).
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
- Strong IT skills (MS Office Proficient).
Who we are looking for:
- Extensive knowledge of Refinery Operations procedures.
- Previous team management/supervision experience.
- Progressively worked across all areas for the refinery unit i.e. Field, Console, Supervisor.
- Strong technical knowledge with the ability to communicate it effectively.
- Knowledge of different Refinery unit/process technologies.
- Previous experience in project handovers and detailed commissioning sequences.
- Experienced in reviewing operating manuals and the development of SOPs.
- Previous pre-commission, commission, startup experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate a detailed master plan of all commissioning and start-up of the project.
- Ensure capturing lessons learned from previous projects.
- Identify opportunities for increasing readiness assurance; mitigate pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up risks and provide suggested improvements for identified gaps.
- Supervise progress of preparations, secured requested materials and manpower for scheduled daily activities.
- Participated in start-up and Run test for Dynamic Equipment together with Vendor.
- Coordinate Licensors plan and overall management of their activities at site during commissioning and start up.
- Participate to plant inspection for mechanical completion.
- Perform with success performance tests and interim operation.
- Actively be a key member in the decision-making within the recruitment and selection of personnel on the project.