Petrochemicals & Process
Competitive + Benefits
Our Client who is one of the largest integrated refining and petrochemical complex in the world, they are based on the west coast of Saudi Arabia and are currently seeking an experienced Monomer Section Head for the Manufacturing/Production area of the business. The successful candidate will lead a team of coordinators, engineers and shift supervisors in controlling daily operational and maintenance activities of a section to ensure product quality satisfy customer requirements through safe, stable and efficient operation.
- Bachelors in Chemical Engineering.
- 15 - 20 years of progressive operational experience with minimum 10 years supervisory experience within Refinery or Petrochemical industry.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of unit operations in refinery or petrochemical plant layout.
- Good command of the English language.
- Strong IT skills and MS office proficient.
- Awareness of industry procedures and best practices.
Who we are looking for:
- Results orientated.
- Strong Problem solving skills.
- Ability to make decision.
- Strong Team leadership skills.
- Proven performer in his/her current company.
- Extensive experience within the Refinery of Petrochemical sector.
- Should possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with all colleagues.
- Strong technical knowledge with the ability to communicate it effectively to both team members and management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of strategic plan of the section to maximize production rate and prevent disruptions to plant operations.
- Manage all manufacturing and maintenance-related activities in the section to ensure safe and stable operations and to meet production targets by liaising with Maintenance, Sales, Corporate Planning, Safety and Quality Departments as appropriate.
- Establish documentation systems and conduct regular audits to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Review and approve training needs assessed by Deputy Section Manager, formulate and control shift personnel training in accordance to companies and section's training needs and requirements to enhance their operational skills and knowledge.
- Implement cost saving activities as per Section's cost saving plan.
- Review developed procedures and once approved, supervise the implementation of procedures within plant equipment operation limits to prevent miss-operations and human errors in daily plant operations.
- Ensure the Section's operation tasks and operations meet corporate safety and environmental policy and standards.