Oil & Gas
Very Competitive + Benefits
Our Client is a major European EPC contractor. They are currently seeking experienced Procedure Development Specialist who specialises in technical writing for the Oil and Gas Industry. Our client is currently working on a strategic project to better improve efficiencies within the current existing complex. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop short term and long term policy and procedures for the new refineries which would operate the plant in a safe and optimal manner.
- Diploma in Chemical or Process Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years working experience.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience.
- Experience with various training methods, including on-the-job coaching, mentor-ship programs.
- Good people management, outstanding communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong IT skills (MS Office Proficient).
- Excellent English skills (Verbal and Writing).
Who we are looking for:
- Extensive knowledge of Refinery Operations procedures.
- Progressively worked across all areas for the refinery unit i.e. Field, Console, Supervisor.
- Strong technical knowledge with the ability to communicate it effectively.
- Knowledge of different Refinery unit/process technologies.
- Previous pre-commission, commission, startup experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specialized in technical writing for Oil and Gas industries including O&M Manuals, SOP’s, Blind Lists, emergency and shut down procedures.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues, and working with managers to discuss technical problems.
- Researches and builds knowledge about services, technology, or concepts to be documented.
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly.
- Prepares or commissions graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing.
- Meets with experts in order to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed.
- Revises, edits, updates instructions and technical information as necessary.
- Creates, adapts, and follows project schedules and deadlines.
- Remains up-to-date on technological and product developments as well as universal specifications relevant to his or her industry