Oil & Gas
Competitive + Benefits
Our Client is a major European EPC contractor. They are currently seeking experienced Operations Specialist who specialises in Merox / DIP within a refinery. Our client is currently working on a strategic project to better improve efficiencies within their clients current existing complex. The successful candidate will have the ability to be the foreman in the supervision of the pre commissioning activities according to detailed procedures.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Seeking a seasoned professional with proven working experience within a Merox / DIP Unit of a refinery.
- Previous experience in PMC / EPC organization in the field of Refinery / Petrochemicals or in an industrial environment.
- Previous experience in a similar position with a pre-commissioning and commissioning project(s)
- Proven experience in handling activities related to Plant Operations.
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
- Strong IT skills (MS Office Proficient).
Who we are looking for:
- Extensive knowledge of Refinery Operations procedures.
- Previous team management/supervision experience.
- Progressively worked across all areas for the refinery unit i.e. Field, Console, Supervisor.Strong technical knowledge with the ability to communicate it effectively.
- Knowledge of different Refinery unit/process technologies.
- Previous experience in Commissioning Software (i.e. IPCIS, E-PCS, OPERCOM).
- Previous pre-commission, commission, startup experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate master plan of all pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up of the project.
- Ensure capturing lessons learned from previous projects; identify opportunities for increasing readiness assurance; mitigate pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up risks and provide suggested improvements for identified gaps.
- Supervise progress of preparations, secured requested materials and manpower for scheduled daily activities.
- Supervise the pre-commissioning / commissioning activities according to detailed procedures.
- Participated in start-up and Run test for Dynamic Equipment together with Vendor.
- Participated to plant inspection for mechanical completion.
- Perform with success performance tests and interim operation.
- Ensure the daily operation of the units in accordance with Safety, Occupational Health, Environmental Conservation and Protection Company regulations.
- Optimize the daily operation of the installations.
- Maintain and improve the “operational tools”.
- Participate in Operational Budget process and contribute to the personnel management.