Oil & Gas
Very Competitive + Benefits
Our Client is a major European EPC contractor. They are currently working with an Oil and Gas Company based in Kuwait. The client is currently seeking an experienced Training Specialist who specialises within refinery units. Our client is currently working on a strategic project to better improve efficiencies within their current existing complex. The successful candidate will have the ability to train staff accordingly to operate the plant in a safe and optimal manner.
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years relevant working experience.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar role within the Refinery units.
- Previous experience managing a team of trainers
- Experience with various training methods, including on-the-job coaching, mentor-ship programs.
- Good people management, outstanding communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English skills (Verbal and Writing).
Who we are looking for:
- Extensive knowledge of Refinery Operations procedures
- Progressively worked across all areas for the refinery unit i.e. Field, Console, Supervisor.
- Extensive experience in training and mentoring staff.
- Strong technical knowledge with the ability to communicate it effectively.
- Knowledge of different Refinery unit/process technologies.
- Previous pre-commission, commission, startup experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess training needs for new and existing employees.Contribute to the development of a training program as per the following steps
- Familiarization training (classroom)
- Unit specific training (classroom)
- OJT & OTS Training
- Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps.
- Liaise with subject matter experts regarding instructional design.
- Map out training plans for individual employees.
- Present training programs using recognized training techniques and tools.
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, virtual training, on-the-job coaching.
- Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness.
- Track and report on training outcomes.
- Provide feedback to program participants and management.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on training material and methodology
- Maintain employee training records.