Oil & Gas
Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Our Client who is a global leader in project delivery, engineering and technical services to the energy and industrial markets. They currently have a project being executed in Abu Dhabi and are seeking a Lead Civil / Structural Engineer, to lead, motivate, coach and manage a project team independently consisting of a senior engineer, engineers sr. designers / designers & draftsmen within as well as from other disciplines.
- Qualified Civil / Structural Engineer holding a Bachelor degree as a minimum
- Minimum 20 years of relevant technical experience in designing different types of concrete and steel structures
- 12+ years of experience in professional civil / structural engineering, involving design, planning, checking, general management and supervisory responsibility in oil & gas industry.
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices, codes and standards applicable to civil and structural engineering
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Awareness of industry procedures and best practices.
Who we are looking for:
- Familiar with the creation of tender documents
- Hands on experience in industry software, such as STAAD Pro, SAP, Mat 3D, Foundation 3D, 3D Model Review Tools (SPR & Navis Works), MS Office Suite, etc.
- Experience in reviewing Key Deliverables prepared by Civil/Structural team or produced by other work-share offices
- Experience in Offshore Structural engineering is an added advantage
- Has good communication skills and a team player
- Client-oriented, flexible and should have desire to take extra effort
- Has clearly demonstrated strong engineering competence, interpersonal / team building skills & leadership skills
- Working knowledge in general civil works like grading, paving, roads, drainage systems and other underground services preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the budget, the timing and the quality of the engineering works is executed as required
- Ensure that the projects assigned to you will be executed in accordance to our quality system and our company procedures
- Ensure effective communications and coordination between all supervised staff, Lead Engineers of other departments and Project Managers, to ensure mutual awareness of requirements and sharing of information and common resources
- Monitor overall productivity and efficiency of the projects, forecast trends and anticipate potential problems and difficulties meeting milestones or budget, coordinate with Head of Department, Management, Project Managers and all supervised staff to resolve problems
- Take a role as principal engineer of the department projects and you help and guide your less experienced colleagues wherever required
- Implement staffing development plans and assign staff to specific projects or proposals
- Carry out study works yourself or together with your team or in assistance to other colleagues
- Review tender documents and prepare man-hour estimates and submit offers and contracts
- Aim for sustainable and efficient solutions
- Keep up with the standards, guidelines and new techniques and developments in your discipline and report these to your team members or colleagues
- Work together with colleagues, external partners (such as sub-contractors, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) and clients in a constructive and efficient way
- Prepare an estimate of required man hours along with supporting documentation for both proposals and major change orders, prior to issuance
- Ensure the Section's operation tasks and operations meet corporate safety and environmental policy and standards.