Accounting & Finance
£35,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
We are currently working with a well-known investment manager based in Central London, who is looking to hire an ambitious Fund Administrator to join their growing team. The firm is independent and operates in the tax-efficient investment industry offering everything from custodial services to fundraising and fund management.
- BSc/ BA degree completed
- IMC/IOC qualified
- 5 - 7 years of progressive experience within the fund administration business
- Strong Verbal and Written English skills
- Strong IT skills and MS office proficient.
- Awareness of industry procedures and best practices.
Who we are looking for:
- Strong Problem solving skills.
- Extensive experience within the fund administration business
- Eager to learn with an understanding of world business and financial affairs and an awareness of trends and current activity in the financial market
- Numerate and analytical; capable of evaluating complex financial information
- Accurate and methodical, with great attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in pressured environments
- Good judgement and decision-making skills
- Ability to liaise effectively with clients and other organisations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential for writing reports and negotiating with clients.
- Team player
- Organised and deadline-efficient; willing to work long hours
- Should possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with all colleagues.
- Strong technical knowledge with the ability to communicate it effectively to both team members and management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing telephone, fax and emailed subscriptions, redemptions, transfer and switches for onshore and offshore funds
- Resolving dealing-related enquiries by email and by telephone, supplying information relating to funds’ portfolios, prices, dealing procedures, markets and currencies
- Liaising with local offices, clients and shareholders around the world
- Processing paperwork for trades and related activity
- Maintaining shareholder register and investor files
- Processing dividend payments
- Preparing and distributing of shareholder statements and investment manager reports
- Distributing interim and end-of-year financial reports to shareholders
- Ensuring compliance with anti-money laundering procedures
- Reporting of fund transactions to fund accountants
- Reconciling daily cash accounts