Accounting & Finance
Competitive + Benefits
Our Client who is one of the largest integrated refining and petrochemical complex in the world. They are based on the East Coast of Saudi Arabia and are currently seeking an experienced Financial Risk Manager to join their Treasury department. The successful candidate will be able to provide Risk Analysis and support to the business operations at a corporate level, with the aim of ensuring that risk is mitigated to a reasonable level in accordance with the corporate policies and guidelines.
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, Risk Management or any related field.
- Minimum 15 years’ progressive experience within the related field.
- Understands risk management and financial theory, principles and practices.
- Understand and comprehend ERM and risk.
- Previous team management experience.
- Computer literacy in MS Office and any other necessary financial packages.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department staff, management and any external vendors.
- Have reasonable knowledge of hydrocarbon & petrochemical industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communication orally and verbally.
- Fluent English speaker, Arabic Advantageous.
- Awareness of industry procedures and best practices.
Who we are looking for:
- Desired qualifications such as ACII, PMI-RMP, GARP-FRM , CERM, ARM.
- Preferred MBA qualified.
- Previous experience in Corporate Governance.
- Ability to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor financial risks, insurance, interest rate, FX & Commodity risk and credit risk to protect the clients’ interests.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day work performed by division staff.
- Perform all tasks and activities in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Assess the level of skills of employees and identify the need for development programs.
- Motivate, coach, develop and support respective employees.
- Provide strong leadership
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Clients financial exposure related to foreign exchange rates, interest rates and financial market volatility per approved policies.
- Develop tools in managing financial risk and adapt best industry practices to upgrade framework and relevant policies.
- Ensure that the organization's financial risk management policies, limits, and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations, rating agency standards, and strategic imperatives.
- Optimize the client’s financial portfolio by maximizing the risk/return equation through strategic investments.
- Provide consultation and advice to the Management Committee on important ventures, mergers or acquisitions.
- Forecast and develop models to simulate the impact of significant changes in the financial environment.
- Provide market insights and forecasts to various functions and levels of the company.
- Provide necessary legal disclosures to government agencies or other internal departments.
- Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor/manager.