Petrochemicals & Process
Very Competitive + Benefits
Western Province - KSA
Our Client is a Major European EPC Contractor. They are currently seeking a Facility Planning Leader to assist them on a project they are currently working on at Major Petrochemical facility on the West Coast of Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will be part of the Facilities Planning Section, which is a component of CPD. You will conduct feasibility studies, conceptual studies, and pre-FEED work on the refinery and petrochemical facilities and develop long-term business strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Has led multiple disciplined teams in large investment studies
- 20 + years as Chemical Process Engineer & Department Manager
- Some Master planning experience and Greenfield/brownfield configuration
- Good understanding of multiple refinery and petroleum processes
- Good understanding of the oil/chemical synergy, the link between Oil, Gas, the environment, and the future of the refining industry
- Follows and understands major (National Oil Co.) NOC's/ (International Oil Co.) lOC's and the development of the Global oil industry
- Understands the refinery and chemical plant economics
- Work on the facilities to valorize the products
- Good understanding of the synergy between crude, oil, refining, intermediates, the petroleum industry & ideal downstream specialties.
- Capacity to lead a multidiscipline team of engineers on a tight timescale to produce complex 15 years Horizon
- Advanced PC skills, including process simulations, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
Who we are looking for:
- Should have experience in the following refining technologies (as examples: Crude Distillation (CDU), Vacuum Distillation (VDU), C4 Alkylation, Catalytic Reforming, Aromatics (BZJPX), C4/C5/C6 and Xylene Isomerization,Various Hydro processing (NHT/DHT/VGOHT/MHC)
- Experience in the following would be an advantage: High olefin Fluid Catalytic Cracking, Steam Cracking (Ethane Cracking), Steam Reforming, Hydrogen manufacturing, Metathesis and Petrochemicals such as LLDPE, HDPE, PP, CDPE/EVA, EPR, TPQ MTBE, MEG, pox, Cumene and Phenol)
- A membership of a Professional Engineer Association, would be an advantage,
- You should have minimum five years' experience in applying and analyzing process simulation and economics of refinery and petrochemical operations.
- You should have minimum five years' experience in performing economic evaluations and feasibility studies and preparing requests for budgetary approvals.
- Excellent written and oral technical presentation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct conceptual studies on our refinery and petrochemical facilities and develop long-term business strategies.
- Interface with related stakeholders, Operations, Engineering, Production Planning (PPD), Process Engineering (PEI)), New Business Development, Engineering (PMD), Project Management (BOTB).
- Perform process economic evaluations of existing and potential new refining and petrochemical facilities.
- Direct the evaluations of major refining and petrochemical facilities.
- Prepare and make presentations to Management on refining petrochemical investment opportunities.
- Provide full-time consultation to Management and other organizations.
- Mentor the training of future Facilities Planning Specialists