Petrochemicals & Process
Very Competitive + Benefits
Western Province - KSA
Our Client is a Major European EPC Contractor. They are currently seeking a Business Analyst to assist them on a project they are currently working on at Major Petrochemical facility on the West Coast of Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will be part of the Facilities Planning Section, which is a component of CPD. You would be responsible for conducting strategic, market, economic and technology analysis related to the companies refining and petrochemical businesses, with the objective of continually improving the Company's financial results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or Economics or equivalent work experience.
- MBA (with a specialization in Finance preferred).
- Considerable previous years of experience in strategy planning, business planning, financial analysis (preferably with multinational companies within the refining or petrochemical sector.
- Deep knowledge of the history and emerging trends within the refinery & petrochemical industries.
- Extensive understanding of corporate finance, financial modeling and analytical tools (IRR (Internal Rate of Return), payback, EVA (Economic Value Added, NPV (Net Present Value).
- Advanced PC skills, including Excel spreadsheets & PowerPoint.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to read and speak Arabic, highly desirable.
Who we are looking for:
- Previous experience conducting strategic, market, economic and technology analysis related to the refining and petrochemical businesses, with the objective of continually improving the Company's financial results.
- You will possess the ability to evaluate, report, and make recommendations related to both commercial and operational decisions concerning profitability, strategic direction, capital investments, and revenue growth (cost reduction opportunities - considering, both the Company's external and internal business environments, as well as leveraging available benchmark data.
- Previous experience in supporting the annual Business Planning and quarterly Corporate Performance reporting processes for the purpose of informing and/or securing the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Occasionally be required to carry out ad-hoc research or identify the optimal risk mitigation strategy in response to unexpected market developments.
- Ability to 'connect the dots' - clearly understands the interplay amongst forces shaping the industry that aren't always apparent.
- Collaborates effectively with subject matter experts across diverse functions to identify and successfully implement the optimal solution to a problem.
- Takes proactive action to prevent occurrence of problems.
- Excellent written and oral technical presentation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the creation of the Company's 3-year Business Plan. Coordinate and consolidate the efforts of departments working on the various elements of the Business Plan (including Business Outlook, Pricing Assumptions and Marketing Plan, Production Plan, Profitability and Cash Flow projections, OPEX and CAPEX budgets, Corporate Social Responsibility Programs, Manpower, Enterprise Risks, Corporate KPls).
- Develop documents (e.g. exhibits. presentations) for the Board of Directors to secure Board approval for the 3-year Business Plan and to report out on Company Performance on a quarterly basis.
- Assess external (economic, technological, geopolitical, social) and internal (e.g. corporate policies, business processes, organizational structure) forces to determine the Company's competitive positioning.Analyze competitor/intelligence data and perform industry assessments to identify growth opportunities and impending threats.
- Serve as custodian of business intelligence data and the physical/digital assets where this information is stored.
- Perform discounted cash flow evaluations that incorporate existing and potential revenues, capital requirements, operating and maintenance expenses, growth opportunities, operating synergies, supply and demand projections, risks, and other aspects related to new project development.
- Accurately develop, review, and maintain economic and financial models, including budgets and rate of returns: which provide detailed analysis/valuation of business development projects.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis and materials in support of business development activities.
- Conduct ad hoc research at P&CECYs behest to help comprehend impacts of unexpected market developments and gauge the financial impact of business decisions.
- Contribute market insights and knowledge of industry trends to support other functions (e.g. Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Human Resources) as and when required.
- Organize and facilitate senior management meetings as/when required.